Saturday, December 11, 2010

Heisman Trophies and Blood

Tonight War Criminal Cam Newton will win the Heisman Trophy temporarily.  There remains little doubt that Newton was aware that his father was receiving payment for his attendance at Auburn.  Needless to say the SEC is not necessarily known for fairness and honesty in competition.  All of that is beside the point.

The point that young Cam is missing out on concerns the attendance of his father at the event.  The elder Newton announced this week he will not attend the ceremony to avoid robbing his son of a sacred moment.  An action that is no doubt intended to keep him from having to answer any tough questions about his actions on behalf of his son.  In terms of Cam, the question remains should he accept an award at a place where is father is clearly not welcome.

I was daydreaming about this particular circumstance earlier this week.  What if I was the clear front runner for the Heisman, but some hypocritical douchebags (the NCAA and College Football in particularmake billions of dollars off the work of these individuals) claimed my father could not attend for some reason? Now I understand that Cecil's actions preempted people from banning him from the ceremony, but what if he had not.  My answer would be tough.  Any organization that is not willing to have my family present can stick it up their asses.

I would attend the ceremony.  I would leave myself eligible to win the award.  Once I won the award I would refuse to touch the trophy.  I would step to the microphone and express my feelings concerning the hypocrisy of college football.  I would tell them thank you, but no thank you.  The Heisman Trophy is a piece of bronze and blood is thicker than even bronze.  I'd call the second place vote getter to the podium and declare him the winner.  Then I'd ride off into the sunset of professional football, millions of dollars and mega babes.  I'd be a legend.  The only guy to ever turn down the Heisman.

Cam, turn it down.  Do it for your dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment